Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 3 Blog - K.I.S.S

According to Blog 1, there is one special term called "K.I.S.S.". Therefore, I want to find more interesting things about this topic for week 2 blog.

K.I.S.S. does not mean the word kiss.

K.I.S.S stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.

This rule is used to design a web-site in user-friendly tones, presenting all information and removing unnecessary details.

In this article, there are many different kind of designs as the followings:

  1. White Space and Simplicity in An Overview
  2. 50 Beautiful Web Designs in 2006
  3. 45 Fresh Designs
  4. 30 Dark Designs

After reading those kind of designs, I realize that designing a good WebPages can be not very complex. I just need to simplify it into small piece to develop.

The advantage for using this rule, it can improve readability and make a great first impression.

To sum up, the K.I.S.S Principle can divide into two things:

  1. People (including product and service users) generally want things that are simple, meaning easy to learn and use.
  2. Company that makes products or furnishes services may find simplicity an advantage for the company as well, since it tends to shorten time and reduce cost.

~Hope All of You Enjoy My Sharing~

No comments: